Totally blown away by what has just happened – Community-powered action in FULL effect!
A HUGE thank you to everyone who generated ideas at our Ideas Factory Cov, pledged support, helped on the day, ran workshops and came along and enjoyed the first ever Feel Good Festival of Creativity! We had zero funding for this event – just oodles of passionate, creative, enthusiastic people who came together to make it happen
Fargo Village, was a perfect venue – it is Coventry’s creative quarter after all! We transformed the market hall into a Feel Good haven with 16 different workshops available.
Gemma from Let’s Animate ran stop animation workshops throughout the day in her studio and Move with Jude utilised the yoga studio to host three amazing meditation, mindfulness and creativity workshops.
In the Markethall we had workshops by:
- Mosaics for All with the Making Project
- Drumming workshop by Kadence Music
- Kundalini Yoga and Chakra Dance Session by Anita
- The Improve Game by Joshua from The Fabularium Theatre Company
- A moment in Dance with Mel from Moving Spaces
- Blindspot Theatre with Georgia Kelly
- Spoken word performance with Emile Jones
- MeShell Sea on the decks
- Reclaimed brooches by Bobbin Wren
- Pets as Therapy Dogs
- Jewellery making with Creative Stays
- Remember me with Ruth
- Messages from the heART with Beauty and Utility Arts
- Face painting by Rebecca Faith Davis
- Crystal Healing and Angel readings by Carmen
- Live Doodling with Spudragon and Snodgrass
- Feel Good Pom pom making, wool dolls and flowers with the Feel Good Creatives
We have received some amazing feedback about the festival
It was lovely to see how so many different people had come together to put this on. It felt like it came from the heart – there wasn’t even an admission charge (although if there had been a small one to cover costs, I’m sure that would have been fine too). There were a range of activities and workshops on offer – something to appeal to all sorts of creatives. I enjoyed the pet assisted therapy dogs, the communal colouring in and the yoga/meditation workshop in a breakout room.
The range of activities put on for the day was very diverse. Young people were able to experience a variety of creative media and left with smiling faces. Some had not experienced something like this before!
The workshops were great, good turn out, a real positive energy with everyone clearly enjoying themselves. Also loved the music, drumming workshops, and spoken word as well as art and craft activities. There was a real good selection.
Relaxed, community spirit.
The warm welcome and visitors who were keen to participate.
Good, supportive atmosphere and lots of people attended.
A wonderfully creative and inspirational event.
A lovely place to be.
Absolutely amazing! Well Done.
Great event would be very happy to be involved again.
Really good and made me feel good and inspired and motivated me to be creative again
It’s a friendly, accessible way to introduce people to creativity and wellbeing.
Check out the film made by Herbert Art Gallery…
Let’s Animate Feel Good Messages 2017